We appreciate you taking the time to consider volunteering with YRCCS! Volunteers are an integral part of our agency, and we are so grateful to receive this support.
We look forward to speaking with you and finding out how we can incorporate your skills and talents to support the YRCCS community.
Please fill out the following form and someone from our office will reach out to you directly.
We are currently looking for 4 new board members
The board of directors is a policy board comprised of committed and enthusiastic individuals who are knowledgeable in law, risk management, financial management, resource development and social services. We are currently looking for 4 new board members with a high degree of personal commitment to our cause. Successful candidates must be able to serve a two-year term and should be able to devote up to 4 hours per month to:
- Attend board meetings once a month in person (currently via Zoom)
- Participate on a board committee and/or project work
- Attend annual events such as the Annual General Meeting and strategic planning sessions
Currently we are looking for candidates who have the following expertise and skills in one (or more) of the following domains (but encourage anyone interested in the positions to apply):
- Fundraising and/or Communications/Marketing
- Lived experience with intimate partner violence
- Legal (Public Interest/Family Law/Criminal Law/Labour Law)
- Human Resources and/or Organizational Development
YRCCS is committed to recruiting members to its Board of Directors who reflect the diversity of the clients and community we serve. For that reason, we encourage applications from individuals who identify with any lived experiences in connection with the issues impacting the women we serve.
Indigenous People, People from African/Caribbean/Black communities, Racialized People, People with Disabilities, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Queer People and people from historically under-represented equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply. YRCCS is committed to providing accommodation to people who are differently abled.
To apply for a position, please send your
(1) completed board application form
(2) resume or statement of interest in ONE email to the attention of: Jaspreet Gill, Jaspreet.Gill@yrccs.ca.
Please list “Board of Directors Recruitment” in the subject line of the email.
We thank all candidates for their interest. We reserve the right to reply to and follow-up with only the candidates selected for an interview.